About The Study Room
- The Study Room is located on B1 floor of the Main Library and is divided to three areas, which are A, B and C.
- Opening Hours
- * All areas of study room will be open from 8:00 - 17:00 on the last Sunday of each month.
* Hours of study room vary during national holidays. Please check library website for more details.
- The study room is open to the faculty, students and alumni of the National Taiwan University. A valid NTU ID is required to enter the study room. Alumni are restricted to use the study room during exam weeks.
- Network access for laptops is available in A area only.
- Foods and drinks are not allowed in the reading room.
Summer/ Winter Break
The 24-hour Study Room
- Please enter the 24-hour study room from the northern entrance of the basement when the library main entrance is closed.
- Midnight shuttle services are available from the library to the university main entrance or to the dormitories at scheduled times.
- The 24-hour study room open hours is 8:00 - 17:00 on the last Sunday of each month.
Shuttle services Hours:
* am 00:30 ~ am 01:00
* am 02:00 ~ am 03:00
* am 04:00 ~ am 05:00
(1) Hsin-sheng S. Road, the university main entrance
(2) Dormitories in the Kung-kuan campus
(3) Graduate students dormitory located next to the University Security Office
Ride priority: Female first
How to sign up
Please sign up at the reading room counter. Three passengers limited for each trip.
Instructions for use study room
- Before entering the study room, please use the study room seating system to choose your seat. There are two ways of seating; one is “Designated Seating”, the other is “Random Seating”.
(1) For designated seating; first, please choose the seating area on “Designated Seating” computer screen; second, choose the seat number; third, place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner; fourth, waiting for the system displays the designated seat number; finally, get into the study room to be seated properly.
(2) For random seating; first, please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of the “Random Seating” computer; second, the system will be automatically assigned seat number; finally, keep in mind the seat number and get into the study room to be seated properly.
(3) Readers want to change his/her seat, please operate on the computer in the study room.
Steps for changing seat; first, please choose the new seating area on “Change Seating” computer screen; second, choose the new seat number; third, place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner; fourth, waiting for the system displays the new seat number; finally, be seated on the new position.
- Before leaving the study room, please use the study room seating system to leave from the seat. There are two ways of leaving; one is "Temporarily Leave", the other is "Permanently Leave”.
(1) For temporary away from your seat; please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of the "Temporarily Leave" computer, then the system will keep your seat of 30-minute retention time. The readers need go back to seat within 30 minutes, please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of the “Random Seating” computer before back to seat.
Note: To let readers have enough time for meals, the system extends the seat retention time of 60 minutes during the meal time. The meal time falls on “11:00 am to 13:00 pm” and “17:00 pm to 19:00 pm” respectively.
(2) For permanent away from your seat; please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of "Permanently Leave" computer, then the system will not retain the seat.
- Library Catalog
- My Library
- Library Catalog (TULIPS)
- Library Catalog ( ezTULIPS)
- Union Catalog
- Course Reserves
- Subject References
- New Books (Chinese)
- New-book Blog (Chinese)
- Multimedia Resources
- Books Recommendation System
- Special Collections
- Readers Services
- Services for Faculty
- Reference Services
- Interlibrary Loan Service
- Library Tours and Classes
- E-Learning Center
- Multimedia center
- NTULIB netLab
- Application Forms
- Subscribe for e-paper
- Services for Alumni
- Online Tours
- Location & Transportation
- Branches & Others