About The Study Room
The Study Room opens 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The last Sunday of each month is cleaning day for the Study Room. On those days, the Study Room will be closed at 17:00, and reopened at 08:00 on the next day.
The Study Room opens to the students, faculty, staffs and alumni of National Taiwan University. A valid NTU ID is required to enter the study room. Alumni and students on leaves of absence cannot use the Study Room during exam weeks.
The Study Room is located on the B1 floor of the Main Library and is divided into two areas, which are A and B.
Laptops, keyboards, mice, calculators and other noise-making devices are allowed in Area A only, not in Area B. Readers must set their cellphones, tablets, and laptops to silent mode in the Study Room.
Food and drinks are not allowed in the Study Room.
Instruction for the 24-hour Study Room
- Please enter the 24-hour study room from the northern entrance of the basement when the library main entrance is closed.
- Safety Escort Service:
NTU Campus Security provides a safety escort to NTU students, faculty & staffs within Main Campus locations and the dorm areas, including ShuiYuan Dorm and Changxing Dorm, etc.
- How to sign up Safety Escort Service:
(1) Escorts are only available to NTU students, faculty & staffs.
(2) Escorts are available any time of day.
(3) When you are ready for a safety escort, please use the red phone at the counter of Study Room to dial 69110. For cellphone, please dial 02-3366-9110.
- The 24-hour study room system resets at 08:00 every morning. Please choose a seat again after 08:00.
Instructions for use study room
- Before entering the study room, please use the study room seating system to choose your seat. There are two ways of seating; one is “Designated Seating”, the other is “Random Seating”.
(1) For designated seating; first, please choose the seating area on “Designated Seating” computer screen; second, choose the seat number; third, place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner; fourth, waiting for the system displays the designated seat number; finally, get into the study room to be seated properly.
(2) For random seating; first, please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of the “Random Seating” computer; second, the system will be automatically assigned seat number; finally, keep in mind the seat number and get into the study room to be seated properly.
(3) Readers want to change his/her seat, please operate on the computer in the study room.
Steps for changing seat; first, please choose the new seating area on “Change Seating” computer screen; second, choose the new seat number; third, place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner; fourth, waiting for the system displays the new seat number; finally, be seated on the new position.
- Before leaving the study room, please use the study room seating system to leave from the seat. There are two ways of leaving; one is "Temporarily Leave", the other is "Permanently Leave”.
- (1) For temporary away from your seat; please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of the "Temporarily Leave" computer, then the system will keep your seat of 30-minute retention time. The readers need go back to seat within 30 minutes, please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of the “Random Seating” computer before back to seat.
Note: To let readers have enough time for meals, the system extends the seat retention time of 60 minutes during the meal time. The meal time falls on “11:00 am to 13:00 pm” and “17:00 pm to 19:00 pm” respectively.
(2) For permanent away from your seat; please place your NTU ID card under the barcode scanner of "Permanently Leave" computer, then the system will not retain the seat.